Hi there! Moonshot is looking for a talented Quality Assurance Project Lead to join our team!
This person will help lead the process of testing our first game alongside the QA Manager. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a team early in its lifecycle and play a big role in establishing process and methodology for years to come. We believe QA is a fundamental part of our development process, and that only through close collaboration with the rest of the development team can we really achieve something great!
Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
What your day to day will look like…
- Work closely with external testing partners in a way that reflects our studio values
- Research, report, and manage bugs sourced from several platforms (PC & Console)
- Ensure testing efforts have the necessary breadth and depth to achieve our goals
- Test internally developed toolsets
- Assist in test case creation in collaboration with the QA Manager, design, engineering, art, and production
- Act as communication bridge for testing efforts between internal and external teams
- Review and coach both internal and external QA Testers on QA processes
- Identify and champion opportunities for automation as part of our testing strategy
- Assist with the efforts around build tracking, issue reporting and coordination of playtest environments
- Validate incoming features hot off the presses with an initial round of review before they move to broader departmental testing
- Be the QA representative for all things Performance. This includes performance captures, performance testing, and all QA performance reports.
Some of the things you bring to the table…
- Team management experience including streamlining workflows, tracking dependencies, and personnel coaching
- Experience testing through all phases of the game development process
- Comfortable with Jira to assist in maintaining and optimize bug flows and track milestones
- Willingness to jump in and help test all areas of our game and platform
- Contribute ideas to help explore game concepts across the development process
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation
- Experience making meaningful recommendations to managers with respect to decisions concerning personnel and team management
- Able to clearly identify workload and time constraints to effectively communicate how they impact QA’s priorities and tasks
- Experience with Unreal development, technical requirements testing, and/or console submissions is a plus!
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice