Dreamhaven is a new type of gaming company. We are a mix of internal studios and external efforts to help improve the games industry, both for players and for developers. We are looking for a Product lead to help shape and drive towards the collective vision of our Publishing Platform. Our Platform efforts include areas that most online games need and that can be shared solutions--Account, Social, Commerce, Marketing tools and everything else that will help our studios get their games into the hands of players sooner and smoother.
As Product lead for the Publishing Platform, you will play a pivotal role in helping to shape feature design, roadmap, and implementation for these shared platform capabilities. You will report to the Sr. Director of Product on the Publishing team, which is composed of central engineering, data, operations, and marketing. We get excited about empowering developers to focus on the parts that they are great at, while we take care of the rest. We want to create incredible player experiences by helping developers to do everything that packages up a game for players in the best way.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with internal game studio leads to identify their needs and how we can best solve them with shared platform solutions.
- Research industry and distribution platform standards for player-facing features like account management tools, chat and friend systems, and in-game shops to find the best player experiences for these meta systems.
- Work closely with the platform producer to plan and execute against the platform feature roadmap in line with our internal studios’ development timelines
- Create documentation for generalized feature solutions and user flows for our game studios to use as a guide for their implementation
- Help to evaluate third party vendors for potential tools to add to our ecosystem and guide the integration of any we choose
- Communicate clearly all feature design and roadmap decisions to Publishing group and studio stakeholders
- Consider the productization of any of our internal work for potential value to external game studios or industry applications
- Define best practices, mentor others, and improve our processes
What we need
- Experience in product management of gaming or tech platforms, more specifically in end-to-end feature development and vendor integrations
- Experience working with cross-functional teams or on a central group with several internal stakeholders
- Experience with both internally developed and externally purchased platform solutions
- Ability to translate information to both technical and non-technical audiences, in both written and spoken modes
- Knowledge working with 1st party platforms (e.g. Steam, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network) and 3rd party solutions
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology a plus
Who you are
- Customer-focused (game studios, other internal stakeholders, and our players)
- Interested in figuring things out and designing seamless player experiences
- Comfortable working with not well-defined problems and working as a group to come to solutions together
- Strong opinions but loosely held, you bring a distinct point of view but are open to being persuaded by others ideas just as easily as your own
- Basic understanding of business concepts such as budgeting, cost allocation, profit and loss, business development, contract negotiations, etc.
- You play video games or are interested in starting (PC, console, or mobile experience counts!)
The base salary range for this position is $145,434 to $242,391 USD per year, which is associated with our level 4 salary band. The range listed for this position is just one component of Dreamhaven’s total compensation package for team members and exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Total compensation also includes equity, comprehensive benefits and will also include profit sharing in the future.
Dreamhaven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice